An exhaust for the hottest of VW’s hatchbacks, with options to suit every taste, and unmatched quality, fitment, performance and tone.
- SwitchPath™ Exhaust technology offers the perfect combination of well behaved and disobedient tones, all in one system
- Max gains of 17 hp and 23 ft-lbs of torque at the crank
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Proudly engineered, designed and manufactured in-house at AWE
- Handcrafted from CNC mandrel-bent 3" and 2.25" U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- 102mm double-walled tips diamond black
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Dyno-developed and street-proven on the in-house AWE Mk7.5 Golf R
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed
- AWE Lifetime Warranty
We wanted to make sure that the AWE Golf R Exhaust Suite had coverage for all sound goals and price points. Regardless of selection, every AWE Golf R exhaust boasts legendary AWE sound, performance, quality and fitment.
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust:
AWE SwitchPath™ Exhaust Technology is a proprietary solution that utilizes valves in the exhaust to control tone and volume. Controlled by a combination of throttle input and engine speed, SwitchPath™ Technology keeps the Golf R quiet and comfortable while cruising, but give it the boot and you’ll unlock an aggressive and exotic exhaust note.
To further hone the tone and performance of your Golf R, we’re offering both resonated and non-resonated downpipe. Both versions feature our No Check Engine Light Guarantee, Fitment Guarantee, a unique flex-pipe section to isolate engine movement, and offer our Lifetime Warranty on the downpipe (one year on the catalyst).
Resonated Downpipe: Slightly louder than the stock Golf R downpipe. Featuring our No CEL Guarantee (even without software) and a sophisticated and distinguished tone. We recommend our Resonated Downpipes as the best choice for a refined presence within the Golf R cabin.
Non-Resonated: Removes the resonator for a more aggressive note and greater volume than the stock downpipe. Featuring our No CEL Guarantee (even without software) and a pronounced note. AWE Non-Resonated Downpipes (and their associated packages) are only recommended for Golf R owners who like it loud, and this product cannot be returned or exchanged based upon sound satisfaction.
What’s in the box?
Complete SwitchPath™, four 102mm tips in chosen finish, and all necessary hardware for installation.